Not only do you have to maintain your current social media outlets, you need to stay on top of the “next biggest thing.” Lately, I’ve become interested in Vine. This free app allows you to make a 6 second video by holding your finger on the screen to film. Introduced from Twitter back in January, it’s a new way to share information.
Vine is a 6 second loop video.
That means, you have to sell in 6 seconds.–Although introduced in January, it’s starting catch on in May.
Why this works:
- It’s long enough to catch the attention span of a consumer. It is a “general rule of thumb” that you have 10 seconds or less to impress someone with your website.
Tips for Effective use:
- Understand the looping technique. Don’t make a definite “beginning” and definite “ending”. Understand that when someone watches it, they will watch it being looped.
With that being said,
- Have your pertinent information in writing on somewhere on the screen. That way, you can make more than one point, the consumer has to watch it several times to get the idea (Repetition, Repetition, Repetition: A Power Tip to Command Attention and Conquer More Sales).
- Don’t make a video that is too jagged or too cut up. Yes, we want to get as much as we can in 6 seconds, but remember, it’s ONLY six seconds. That leads me to my next point:
- Pick one or two MAIN POINTS and keep it at that. Too many points will not be effective. You want short and sweet. You want to draw their attention and have them look for more information
- Utilize the hashtags
- Tweet out your video/ Facebook
- ***Use appropriate hashtags***
- Link your website in the caption
With 6 seconds, you want to draw their attention to your product/brand. Interest them so they scope out your website in the caption.
You have 6 seconds to market yourself. And GO.
More helpful links: